IO-Link is the first standardised IO technology worldwide (IEC 61131-9) for the communication with sensors and also actuators. The powerful point-to-point communication is based on the long established 3-wire sensor and actuator connection without additional requirements regarding the cable material. So, IO-Link is no fieldbus but the further development of the existing, tried-and-tested connection technology for sensors and actuators.
The system architecture could look as follows:
Detailed information is available on request.
Universal - IO-Link always fits!
- IO-Link is fieldbus independent and can be integrated into all fieldbus systems worldwide.
- IO-Link relies on standards such as M12, M8 or M5 connectors and three-wire cables.
- IO-Link is an international standard according to IEC 61131-9.
- IO-Link is universal ... and ... always fits!
Smart - IO-Link eases your work!
- IO-Link is functional and enables an extended diagnosis of sensors and actuators or simple and fast parameter setting due to birectional communication.
- IO-Link is fast, with its three communication speeds of 4.8 kBaud, 38.4 kBaud and 230.4 kBaud.
- IO-Link is small and enables the miniaturisation of "intelligent" sensors and actuators
- IO-Link is smart … and … eases your work!
Easy - IO-Link knows what's going on!
- IO-Link is reduced; easiest wiring with an unscreened three-wire cable enables bidirectional communication with extensive diagnosis and parameter setting.
- IO-Link is automated because parameter data on a server enable the decentralised parameter setting of devices in shortest time.
- IO-Link is helpful, because simple remote maintenance of devices is possible via the bidirectional communication.
- IO-Link is easy ... and ... knows what's going on!
Read more about IO-Link: IO-Link_System_Description_eng
Or visit the IO-Link website: https://www.io-link.com